At Shine Facility Services, the safety of our team members, our clients, and the public is always of primary importance in everything that we do. We wanted to provide you with an update on the actions we are taking in response to the outbreak of COVID-19 and reassure you that we are prepared, with a clear action plan in place.
What We Are Doing
First, Shine Facility Services remains vigilant in monitoring the most up-to-date safety, infection control and cleaning protocols recommended by global experts, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Second, in connection with guidance provided by global health authorities, we have strengthened our on-site cleanliness measures. These actions include, but are not limited to, the following efforts:
- Implemented Disinfection Process using EVA CLEAN PRO TEXUS ELECTROSTATIC SPRAYING TECHNOLOGY.
- Increased cleaning scope to sanitize all high-frequency touchpoints more often. We use WAXIE SOLSTA 730 DISINFECTANT CLEANER, which has a kill time of 1 minute for Covid-19. Information about this disinfectant is listed below.
- Ensuring sufficient stock levels of soap and soap dispensers remain filled
- Upon customer’s request, installation of hand sanitizer dispensers, which will be available at the building entrance or in pantry areas, etc…
- Upon customer’s request, order and distribute the wipes to office employees to wipe down internal surfaces
We are committed to creating a healthy and safe environment for your facility. We will keep you informed of any new developments which may impact you and your facility. Please do not hesitate to contact Shine if you have any questions or requests.
EVA CLEAN PRO TEXUS ELECTROSTATIC SPRAYING TECHNOLOGY
Protexus electrostatic sprayers easily disinfect and sanitize around curved and hard-to-reach surfaces, covering up to 3x the surface area of a conventional sprayer or mister using the same amount of time and labor.
PUR:ONE Fast Dissolving Cleaning and Disinfecting Tablets
PUR:ONE is a fast-dissolving concentrated tablet that dissolves in water. It is the first chemical with an EPA registered kill claim against bacteria present in biofilm. It is a powerful cleaner and disinfectant having sporicidal grade disinfection in a safe and effective formula for workers and surfaces. PUR:ONE can be applied with a mop, spray bottle, and micro-fiber. It is the only sporicidal disinfectant that will not dull or damage the floor finish. It can replace bleach, peracetic acid, and quats in any disinfecting program. It is used as the first step of the EvaClean program to effectively clean, disinfect, and kill bacteria in biofilm in 1 minute.
WAXIE SOLSTA 730 DISINFECTANT CLEANER
A one-step hydrogen peroxide-based product for disinfection, cleaning, and deodorizing. Cleans quickly by removing dirt, grime, mold and mildew stains, body oils, and other common soils found in hospitals, nursing homes, office buildings, schools and colleges, and many other locations. For use on any hard, non-porous washable surface where disinfection is required. Contains hydrogen peroxide. Meets CA Code of Regulations maximum allowable VOC levels for the disinfectant category. 4/3 Liter bottles per case. For use with Solution Station dispensers only. A new claim for SARS-Related Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in one minute.
While thorough cleaning & disinfecting is a critical component of managing the spread of COVID-19, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Sars-Cov-2/COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2 is a coronavirus that causes COVID-19, an illness which is primarily spread from person to person. COVID-19 symptoms can range from mild (or no symptoms) to severe illness. A person can become infected in different ways, such as coming into close contact (about 6 feet or two arm lengths) with a person who has COVID-19, from respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, or by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, followed by touching one’s mouth, nose, or eyes. It is unknown how long the air inside a room occupied by someone with confirmed COVID-19 remains potentially infectious, influencing factors such as the size of the room and the ventilation system design (including flowrate (air changes per hour) and location of supply and exhaust vents.))
Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. It does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting refers to using chemicals, for example, EPA-registered disinfectants, to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.