At Shine Facility Services, the safety of our team members, our clients, and the public is always of primary importance in everything that we do. We wanted to provide you with an update on the actions we are taking in response to the outbreak of COVID-19 and reassure you that we are prepared, with a clear action plan in place.
What we are doing
First, Shine Facility Services remains vigilant in monitoring the most up-to-date safety, infection control and cleaning protocols recommended by global experts, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Second, in connection with guidance provided by global health authorities, we have strengthened our on-site cleanliness measures. These actions include, but are not limited to, the following efforts:
- Increased cleaning scope to sanitize all high-frequency touchpoints more often. We use WAXIE SOLSTA 710 MULTI-PURPOSE DISINFECTANT CLEANER to disinfect and sanitize. Information about this disinfectant is listed below.
- Ensuring sufficient stock levels of soap and soap dispensers remain filled
- Upon customer’s request, installation of hand sanitizer dispensers, which will be available at the building entrance or in pantry areas, etc…
- Upon customer’s request, order and distribute the wipes to office employees to wipe down internal surfaces
We are committed to creating a healthy and safe environment for your facility. We will keep you informed of any new developments which may impact you and your facility. Please do not hesitate to contact Shine if you have any questions or requests.
WAXIE SOLSTA 710 MULTI-PURPOSE DISINFECTANT CLEANER
This product is one-step, hospital-grade, disinfectant cleaner that is effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria (including CA-MRSA, MRSA, Staphylococcus aureus, VISA, and VRE), is virucidal (including HIV-1, HBV, HCV, and Influenza A2/Hong Kong), fungicidal, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew and their odors when used as directed. This product is a no-rinse, neutral-pH, disinfectant cleaner that disinfects, cleans and deodorizes in one laborsaving step. It will not dull most metal-interlock floor finishes. It can be used with a mop and bucket, trigger sprayers, sponge, or by soaking. The product has an appealing citrus fragrance with lemon and lime notes.
While thorough cleaning & disinfecting is a critical component of managing the spread of COVID-19, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a medical-grade facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Instead, people who are not exhibiting symptoms can wear homemade face masks to help curb the transmission of the virus and conserve resources for those who need it most.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.